YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon league tournament

(1/7) > >>

YsuPride:
It is at the Farmers Arena.  Home of IUPUI.  WATCH out especially for Fort Wayne.   Didn't realize that.  Home town fans will be there.

mudclods:
IUPUI would have to win 2 road games to get to play there.  Right now PFW is a 9 seed and has a shot at an 8 seed so they would have to win at least 1 if not possibly 2 road games to get there. 

ytownchief22:
Home game this Thursday. Double header with the women who start at 530 and then the guys after. Come out and support both folks! All reserved seating is already sold out. Should be a great crowd!

YsuPride:
Wear red everyone!!

mudclods:
Time to get it started tonight. 

Detroit is a 5.5-point favorite at home against PFW.  The winner of this is most likely YSU's opponent Thursday.  Detroit beat PFW both time this season.  Detroit beat them by 9 the first time and 33 the second time.  You never know what Detroit team shows up.  PFW has underachieved all year as they have a lot of returning players from last year's 21-12 team that tied for the Horizon League regular season championship.  YSU struggles with them and even though Detroit has Davis and it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, I think I'd rather see Detroit win.

Wright State is a 21.5-point favorite at home against Green Bay.  Wright St beat them by 32 and 31 points already this year.  I don't see anyway GB can pull off an upset, but they have been playing better of late so I'll be surprised if WSU beats them that bad again.  GB has beat Milwaukee, played YSU competitive for almost the entire first half, was beating CSU into the 2nd half before losing by 11, lost to Detroit by 5, and had 2 other losses of 15 points & under.  I feel like WSU is the team outside of the top 4 that could go on run in the tourney.     

Robert Morris is a 14.5-point favorite at home against IUPUI.  That line seems high.  RMU won by 7 at home the first game and lost to them by 6 last week on the road.  IUPUI seems to beat the spread a lot and despite their 5-26 record they play pretty competitively.  RMU can beat anyone but also can lose to anyone.  I'm glad YSU can't play them on Thursday.  Let's hope for the IUPUI upset in this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version