YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Robert Morris

<< < (5/5)

mudclods:
That was easily the worst performance of the year.  I understand you're going to lose games, but this one was hard to fathom when it was such an important game against a much lesser opponent.  Last year RMU beat YSU twice late in the year including the the  first round of the Horizon League tournament. 

YSU didn't do anything good tonight.  No defense and way too many turnovers were the major issues.  I really thought that the end of that first half was key.  YSU was up 6 and had a chance with the last possessions to go up 8 or 9 and that offensive foul gave RMU 2 points cutting it to 4 and took that momentum into the 2nd half. 

Cohill heated up early in the 2nd half, but YSU couldn't get stops and it was a runaway train from there.
 When Cohill and McBride both missed a pair of FTs that was a bad sign.  It was unbelievable how many shots RMU blocked. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 21, 2023, 05:35:46 PM ---I will not be making the drive but already have my red on. To be honest this game scares me a bit, if we show up and play like we can, it will be a happy drive home.

--- End quote ---

I had reason to be scared, we did not play like we could and an unhappy drive home.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 21, 2023, 09:00:37 PM ---Shame they had history in their hands.  I felt Coach needed to lite a fire and address the lack of an extra pa$$ and  play to get guys open and some help defense or D In general.  They played like the gamblers had made them throw the game.  Just a flat performance at the wrong time of season.  I said this before we look tired and it shows.

--- End quote ---

Agree 100% with this.  I thought Coach would have taken some timeouts when he let the game play on.  YSU looked disinterested almost when things got tough and it got worse from there.  I still don't understand if Shemar is still feeling the effects from injury or whatnot.  It seems like ever since he got snowed in in Toronto early in the season and missed practice then the injury later on, he really hasn't gotten any meaningful mins for someone that was a starter. 

YsuPride:
God forbid we lose to IUPUI.  But that game is Saturday night so we go time to get well rested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version