YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Tuesday Night: MBB at Robert Morris

<< < (2/3) > >>

mudclods:
CSU beat NKU on Sunday by 1 so YSU leads CSU by 1 game and leads NKU & Milwaukee by 2.  So 1 win clinches at least a share of the regular season title and 2 wins gets the outright title. 

I think the middle of the Horizon League is pretty equal.  Right now only 2 games separate seeds 5-9.  I feel like Wright St is probably the most dangerous and the one that could go on a run in the tourney.  PFW is another team that I feel underachieved this year and always makes me nervous playing YSU.

YsuPride:
Detroit is the one.  Soon to be player of the year Davis is unstoppable and they have won as of late,  Detroit is very dangerous.  Hard to beat a team 3x in one season.   Idk about Wright st they are up and down each game this year win one lose one.  Fort Wayne is not playing well and looked like crap most recently.   But they will have fans since the tourny is in Indiana.   If we win the league outright do we get a bye or a double bye??

YsuPride:
Detroit won 5 out of 6 so besides us they are the most dangerous team going into the tournament

mudclods:
Detroit has won 5 of 6 but 3 of those wins were to the bottom 3 teams.  They do have a quality win over CSU during that stretch and also beat Oakland easily.  I just don't see Detroit going on a run in the tourney.  I would honestly rather see YSU play them than any of other team outside of GB or IUPUI would pull an upset in the first round.

If YSU wins the title outright they get one bye, obviously the #1 seed & a home game which means they would play the worst team that wins in the first round.  It would also guarantee them in the NIT.

YsuPride:
👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version