YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NKU Game

<< < (2/5) > >>

PENS16:
Following YSU basketball since 1968, I believe this is the most talented five starters in 55 years. Calhoun’s recruitment of four starters of this caliber from the portal was remarkable. Slocum, with an almost non-existent recruiting budget and playing in the 10th-ranked conference, struggled to produce a winning program. But his teams were well-prepared and well-coached. Slocum had wins against national-runner up Butler, Georgia, Kent State and George Washington. Calhoun is perhaps the greatest basketball recruiter in school history. But the question of whether he has the ability to prepare and coach this talent to their potential, playing in the 20th-ranked conference, will be answered in the next few weeks.

goodnews:
I like Calhoun and his energy but Slocum (not defending) had to compete against the following:

Butler
Valpo
UIC
Loyola Chicago

The league talent was much different 10+ years ago.  Not to mention UW Milwaukee use to be a beast too.  Every team has had their moment except YSU.  Hopefully that is about to change?

YsuPride:
How is Valpo and UIC doing now?  not so good i see

YsuPride:
Butler in Big East and Loyola had moments the past 5 or 6 years though.  As for Valpo and UIC not so much.  probably shouldn't have left the Horizon

YsuPride:
Almost game time in like 10 hours or so.   Going to need at least 5k in stands tonight.  Students in red as well as all fans.  WEAR RED EVERYONE!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version