YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Detroit

<< < (2/4) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
It must of been a heck of a party last friday night .   Guys had a lingering hangover the 1st half .  Couldn't make a shot 9 of 30 1st half.  Defense was slow too.   2nd half was a different team and really liked running another guy at Antoine Davis.

My player of the game was Adrian Nelson 18 points 11 rebounds and 3 of 3 from three.  Played his a$$ off.

ytownchief22:
Nice bounce back in the second half. Keep it rolling boys!!

mudclods:
I was worried about a letdown after Friday night.  Give Coach a lot of credit for the adjustments in the 2nd half.  Really the defense played good the entire game and honestly kept them in it the first half even though YSU struggled rebounding the ball.  To hold Davis 10 points under his average & Detroit 10 points under their scoring average says a lot.  If you'd had said that before the game started, you'd think YSU would have won by 20+. 

DC was DC, but Nelson was a beast the 2nd half on the boards & hit 3 3's.  McBride's 2 3's were also huge.  Thought Myles Hunter played a nice game and even though he didn't score, Will Dunn, played well.  Green really struggled.

YSU gets their first ever season sweep against Oakland AND Detroit! CSU is on their way to going 9-3 so it looks like it's going to be a 4-way tie for 1st.  With Oakland losing today to RMU, there's finally some separation for the coveted top 4 spots as YSU now has a 2-game advantage over Oakland & the tiebreaker.   

ytownchief22:
S/O to the fans too. Another great crowd. This is really turning into a basketball school between the mens and womens programs. Great to see for the community!

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 29, 2023, 04:53:21 PM ---S/O to the fans too. Another great crowd. This is really turning into a basketball school between the mens and womens programs. Great to see for the community!

--- End quote ---

Yes I thought it was a very good crowd...more than I expected for a rainy Sunday with the NFC championship game on.  I was worried people wouldn't come back after Friday night.  The crowd can certainly help in games like this.  It was tough to get into the game the first half.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version