YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU VS OAKLAND

<< < (4/6) > >>

PENS16:
Coach Roselli struggled his last four seasons. He went 9-15 in the MCC his last three seasons in Division II and 5-11 in the OVC(8-18 overall) his last season. That was our first season in Division I. Mike Rice brought 7-1 Ricky Tunstall, a future NBA 8th Round Draft pick, with him from Duquesne. He helped led YSU to 18-11 overall and 9-5 in OVC and 19-11 and 9-5 in OVC in his two seasons. Rice was 75-67 overall and 35-35 in the OVC.

Dmorton:
Youngstown needs to fill Beeghley to the rafters.  These two teams deserve the support!   

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Dmorton on January 14, 2023, 07:15:12 PM ---Youngstown needs to fill Beeghley to the rafters.  These two teams deserve the support!

--- End quote ---

100%

mudclods:
Just finished watching the replay.  Who would have ever imagined YSU would turn the ball over 21 times, Cohill only scores 2 and they beat Oakland on the road by 15!? I knew Oakland would come out fired up the 2nd half & I was pretty nervous when Oakland got it down to 6. YSU looked deflated.  Great timeout by Coach as that stopped the bleeding and YSU got back in control.  YSU takes care of the ball a little better and they win by probably 25-30.

Rush and McBride are just playing lights out.  Hard to believe McBride didn't even want to start for much of the early season now he's a big reason why they are playing like they are.  He was really struggling shooting the 3 and was like 20% or so.  He's now 10-17 in the last 3 games and has upped his average to nearly 39%.

Nelson and Green are playing so confident.  They are around a double-double every night.  Green seems like he keeps getting better and better and played all 40 mins- usually don't see that.

Tough 2 games for Cohill. I said he didn't look himself at Detroit and that carried over to Saturday.  I feel like the game against Green Bay will be a good one to get him out of his funk. 

Double ET:
I wonder if Cohill’s issues are the result of the changes on offense to handle the double teamed on him.
As a result, he was playing out of synchronization while Rush and McBride are taking over the scoring. He became the one who would set up the scoring for others. I am not sure he used to play this role in early season
I also noticed that he didn’t drive to the basket as much.
This is team basketball at its best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version