YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Coach Phillips

<< < (2/2)

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on January 06, 2023, 09:28:30 AM ---Heard a rumor. Not sure if it is true. DP turned down a $700,000 offer from Fickell at Wisconsin to go coach up there. Not sure if the position that was offered but I can’t see him being a position coach. Maybe some administrative position. He did work with him when he was at UC so there may be some truth to it.

Go Guins.

--- End quote ---

He was the running backs coach at UC before he came here wasn’t he?

Wick250:
Phillips spent a considerable portion of his career in the field of education. Although everybody wants to be financially comfortable, educators have other priorities besides seeking maximum compensation.

Double ET:
Another way to look at it, he has built up a pretty good pension in the State of Ohio retirement system. I am not sure if the future years in Wisconsin system can transferred back to Ohio.
There are people who always want to be in charge, and money is only secondary. I have known people I worked with who wanted promotion without the additional $$$.

goodnews:
Regardless of what happened let's hope Phillips has signed a viable QB and RB out of the portal.  They need depth and experience at both positions. 

guinpen:
If it is true, nice to know that people want our coach so he must be doing something right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version