YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU - RMU MBB

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cimo7:
Solid bounce back win at home.

The YO Show:
The Guins looked good tonight!

mudclods:
I didn't like the start YSU got off to again.  It seemed like there was a lid on the rim again.  RMU was making some tough, contested shots and was controlling the boards.  After getting down 6, YSU closed the first half strong and was up 4 at halftime. 

Second half was like a different game as YSU took control and everything was falling.  YSU was up by as many as 29 and won by 22. 

Excellent defensive effort holding RMU to 56.  They only had 44 points with a little over 5 mins to go.  Coach said he thought it was his best defensive effort since he's been at YSU.

Big difference was YSU made 9 3's compared to just 1 by RMU and was YSU was +12 at the FT line.  Another key stat was YSU turned them over 15 which led to 18 points and YSU had just 6 turnovers that led to 5 points.

Was great to see Covington play and really contribute with 9 points, 3 rebounds & a steal. 

That was a good, much needed win. Now YSU needs to close out the homestand by taking care of business Saturday against IUPUI.

ucfpengbuck:
I missed the post game so coach says that was their best defense during his tenure ?

Team had only 5 turnovers tonight .   Like seeing Mcbride getting minutes.  Brice got better as the game went along.   Covington's play tonight was encouraging.  Is it me or does he look a little thicker this year ?  Garrett's coming off the achillies injury which is one of the worst to come back from.

Duane Cohill 23 pts on 9 of 12 shooting 7 assists 3 steals and only 1 turnover equates to an almost perfect performance.

YsuPride:
Great win for Guins..   Don't take IUPUI LIGHTLY  SATURDAY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version