YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Transfer Portal YSU

(1/4) > >>

Penquin68:
I saw on the news last night that YSU football has 4 players in the transfer portal. I knew of Crenshaw but not any of the others. Anyone know who they are and effect of their loss?

I know the rules are changed for now on the portal. Football has 45 days now and 15 after spring ball for players to enter the portal. The school selecting the player out of the portal need to guarantee the financial support until the player exhaust eligibility, graduates, or leaves the school even if the player decides not to participate in the sport. Designed to cut down on transfers. Also in past years way less than 50% are picked up out of the portal so those entering have to be sure of the decision or suffer not being picked up.

I also saw the other MVFC schools and numbers of those entering the portal. Western was tops at 17 or 18 while SDSU had none. But they are in the playoffs and still playing. Also NDSU had 6.

YsuPride:
Who are they?  Names please

The YO Show:
The ones I am aware of:
Demeatric Crenshaw (QB)
Jack Kenneally (WR) (FR) might be a loss, he is a 6'7 210 lb WR... but don't know enough to comment really
Andrew Hardin (DB) (I can't find him)
Jasiah Medley (WR)  (Fr)
Marcus Finkley (DB)  (I can't even find him on the 2022 roster so no idea)
Tre Radford (WR) (So)

YsuPride:
How did you get that info?  Good work tracking them.

Double ET:
Any of these guys are hoping to move up to FBS or are they just want to go D2 to get playing time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version