YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly

<< < (3/4) > >>

Cimo7:
Duquesne and RMU have beautiful facilities. Especially in comparison to beeghly. If I’m a recruit I would want to play at one of those beautiful gyms or an empty ancient beeghly?

goodnews:
Does anyone know/believe that this is actually going to happen?  Donor money is being earmarked for support areas.  This includes Stambaugh and Beeghly.  These updates to some degree benefit all sports. 

SAHDPanda:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 14, 2022, 01:39:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: SAHDPanda on December 14, 2022, 11:13:17 AM ---The Duquesne field house was remodeled in 2018 and the project cost 45 million.

--- End quote ---
We’re they able to get financial support from PNC, UMPC and others to pay for any of the renovations?

--- End quote ---

Haven’t been able to find a specific financing plan besides “corporate investments, private donations, and a state grant.”

Safe to assume - UPMC and other Duquesne athletic sponsors helped tremendously.

Penguin Nick:
UPMC was the driving force of the Duquesne renovation, they provided much of the money. 

Wick250:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on December 15, 2022, 01:55:24 PM ---UPMC was the driving force of the Duquesne renovation, they provided much of the money.

--- End quote ---

Which is why comparing the situation at Duquesne and at YSU makes no sense. We lack a corporate mega donor and wealthy individuals have little interest in basketball. Makes for a tough situation.

I will add something else.  Although the seating is outdated and terrible, there are features in Beeghly that are very positive that fans do not see.  Renovated locker rooms, state-of-the-art video room, that weight room that you can see at the corner of the west deck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version