YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU- Ohio

<< < (3/4) > >>

Wick250:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 11, 2022, 07:51:40 PM ---You usually win if you win the rebounding battle and I think they out rebounded by 10.  I feel sometimes this team forgets that Defense and Rebounding are keys to getting a W.

--- End quote ---

Calhoun is a vast improvement over Slocum. But he either does not know how to teach defense, or more likely, he is incapable of convincing his team to play defense. Until we exert maximum energy on the defensive side of the ball we will not contend in the Horizon League. It does not matter how many of our players excel at NBA style offensive moves.

goodnews:
Calhouns comments and behavior was like no other post game presser.  Clearly, he is frustrated but didn't go into detail.  One has to wonder what he was told when taking the job and signing an extension.  He sounded like someone not content.  And captain obvious "Dana" seemed to strike a cord with his question about Beeghly.

Wick250:
Given financial realities, any improvements in Beeghly must come from private donations. To their credit, the big money people in the community raised over 100 million in the latest funding campaign.  All of that is going to academic oriented things, as it should. It has been difficult but possible to squeeze more donations for the media center and additional loges at the stadium. When was the last time that a rich person gave a substantial donation targeted for basketball?  Monus? Blame Strollo if you want, and I am certainly not his fan, but we lack a patron who places much value on basketball.

ytownchief22:
There was set to be a renovation to create a new baseline loge area and re do all the seating in the arena but that got put on hold for one reason or another...

IAA Fan:
Say what you want about Slocum vs Calhoun. All I have to say is ... same results. In so many ways Calhoun is not as good as Slocum. OU is a middle-to-bottom MAC team. This one should not have been this close, let alone an "L".. Listening to the post-game it is clear that Calhoun will take the first larger college assistants job out of here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version