YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU- Ohio

(1/4) > >>

Double ET:
Ohio 81 YSU 79

Cohill drilled a 3 Points shot with 1.9 seconds left to tie the game. Ohio inbounded the ball to their guy under the basket who put it in as the time ran out for the win. YSU trailed as much as 16 points in the second half before taking the lead.
Couldn’t hold it at the end, too bad

ucfpengbuck:
Usually you don't lose a game when the other team inbounds the ball fom half court with 1 second.   

OU brought a physcality that YSU had a tough time adjusting but hats off to the bobcats they were clicking.

Needed a better game from Nelson.    Brandon Rush should be starting.....     He brought some juice today.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 11, 2022, 05:05:52 PM ---Usually you don't lose a game when the other team inbounds the ball fom half court with 1 second.   

OU brought a physcality that YSU had a tough time adjusting but hats off to the bobcats they were clicking.

Needed a better game from Nelson.    Brandon Rush should be starting.....     He brought some juice today.

--- End quote ---

I am not a basketball coach. But I failed to understand why, with 1 sec to go, why didn’t we double team the low post (by fronting the guy) so the couldn’t get a 2 foot shot off. I rather have them take a 20+ foot jump shot to beat us.

ytownchief22:
Frustrating to say the least. Can't keep losing games late like that, especially at home... Defense has to be better.

Could tell coach was very upset post game. He even called out the lack of updates at Beeghly. Said it's embarrassing that we have the same bleachers from 50 years ago when we played OU here last time. He is 100% right.

mudclods:
Terrible first half and continued into the beginning of the 2nd half.  I thought it was over when YSU was down 16.  YSU was ate up inside so it's not surprising that's how they lost.  Too many 3's in the first half by YSU's bigs; Green, Nelson & Dunn were 0-5 and I don't think they were great looks either.  Credit YSU for fighting back and having a chance to win it.  Seemed like a lid was on the basket in the first half for YSU.  I thought the officiating was pretty poor too.

Coach seemed pretty disgusted in the post game press conference.  Said they haven't had good practices and that's what cost them the game; the first half was reflection of that.

After starting the season off scoring in double figures the first 8 games with 5 of them double digit rebounds, Nelson has scored 5, 8 & 5 with only 1 game at 10 rebounds.   Thought he really struggled today.

Hardly any PT today for Covington, Hunter, Mayes & Dunn. 

YSU is now 7-4 but had 2 games right there for the taking with NKU & now this one. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version