YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New FBS Conference forming. But Hey! We play in the SEC of FCS!

<< < (6/7) > >>

YSUGO:
What’s the appeal of being where we are at?  Explain that? 2 playoff appearances in 20 years  is that appealing to anybody playing in a league where in reality they could careless about us

YsuPride:
At this point i would rather have a bowl game in a warm climate than making the FCS playoffs.   
Anyone agree.  Better money too

Wick250:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 17, 2022, 09:48:06 AM ---At this point i would rather have a bowl game in a warm climate than making the FCS playoffs.   

--- End quote ---

You do realize that these junk bowls require a school to agree to purchase x number of tickets before they issue their "invitation."  Northern G5 schools in which fans only buy a few hundred tickets to a meaningless game lose considerable amounts of money on these bowls. No matter; they are FBS!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 17, 2022, 11:38:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 17, 2022, 09:48:06 AM ---At this point i would rather have a bowl game in a warm climate than making the FCS playoffs.   

--- End quote ---

You do realize that these junk bowls require a school to agree to purchase x number of tickets before they issue their "invitation."  Northern G5 schools in which fans only buy a few hundred tickets to a meaningless game lose considerable amounts of money on these bowls. No matter; they are FBS!

--- End quote ---

IMO, YSU just simply does not have the support from this financially conservative Board of trustees to recommend the university to go into FBS. Unless some big time $$$ donations, it is a non starter, not to mention that we have a strong faculty union who is absolutely against any additional expenditure in sport.

Wick250:
There is nothing wrong with dreaming, until your dreams are shattered by the intrusion of reality. Here is the yearly athletic spending for the state universities with the exception of the professional operation in Columbus.  Latest data I could find was from the 2017-2018 academic year.  Numbers are in millions of dollars.

11.9 Wright State
13.7 Cleveland State
15.9 Youngstown State
24.4 Bowling Green
30.0 Kent State
33.8 Toledo
34.9 Akron
35.9 Ohio
37.1 Miami
64.8 Cincinnati

Navigation

[0] Message Index