YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New FBS Conference forming. But Hey! We play in the SEC of FCS!

<< < (4/7) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on December 12, 2022, 06:00:04 PM ---Related to this thread. What exactly are the benefits of moving up to FBS for us? The only thing I can think of is better regional rivalries. It would be fun to play like 4 other Ohio teams per year, outside of that I don’t see the appeal

--- End quote ---

I can only speak for myself. I am a lot more excited when I watch us playing Ohio State, Michigan State, Pittsburgh than us playing Dayton, Robert Morris, Duquesne…

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 12, 2022, 07:14:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on December 12, 2022, 06:00:04 PM ---Related to this thread. What exactly are the benefits of moving up to FBS for us? The only thing I can think of is better regional rivalries. It would be fun to play like 4 other Ohio teams per year, outside of that I don’t see the appeal

--- End quote ---

I can only speak for myself. I am a lot more excited when I watch us playing Ohio State, Michigan State, Pittsburgh than us playing Dayton, Robert Morris, Duquesne…

--- End quote ---

I have no problem playing Bobby, the Dukes or St Francis, better then when we used to play local D2 teams. They bring local interest and are FCS schools. Also have no problem playing P5 schools at least 1 a year.

My main interest is to be playing in a league with schools I am interested in. FBS or FCS not the main concern, just schools we can relate to.

mac schools in OH and MI are the logical choices, but the mac just does not want us.

About a move to FBS and why it never happened, I used to buy into the line that we just could not afford it, no longer. Too many schools have done it and done well. You cannot tell me that those schools do not have many of the same issues that YSU and the Ytown area have, population decline, job loses etc. More and more thinking that YSU just does not have the desire or leadership. I really hate thinking this and hope that I am wrong!

YsuPride:
We are at a point where if we stay put we are losing TV money out the butt.   FBS gives more money to tv games than FCS anyways and we have a chance for a bowl,  just saying..  Plus when we play a big ten or Big 12 team instead of getting the measly amount we can receive more money as a paid out to playing them at their place.
That is the reason so many teams are considering moving up to FBS.  It's a MONEY THING.

peteonastick:
Lest we forget:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fjo_Rw2WAAAl0JH?format=jpg&name=medium

Go Guins!

YsuPride:
That is over 25 years ago and TV wasn't that big then.   Just saying we have to stop living in the past and get with the present and its all about TV revenue.  Not in 1995.  Just saying!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version