YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New FBS Conference forming. But Hey! We play in the SEC of FCS!

<< < (3/7) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on December 11, 2022, 02:03:34 PM ---Austin peay staidum doesn’t even have capacity for FBS minimum attendance reqs. You’re supposed to have 15k average and their stadium only holds 10k

--- End quote ---

I seems to remember comments by JT years ago when he was asked how YSU could meet both attendance and capacity requirements.

Capacity - not a problem, by taking some seats where no one sits and make them half width
Attendance - not a problem, by exchanging tickets with the other conference schools so you have sold 15 k tickets with only couple thousand butts in the seat ( it was reported that Zippy and can’t were practicing that).

It comes to this, if the university president, the board of trustees and the community want to do it, they will find a way. Unfortunately, our time has come and gone.

YsuPride:
Yes our time has come and is long gone by us staying put in the FCS.   WE SHOULD HAVE MOVED UP TO FBS LIKE 15 YEARS AGO. SHAME.  WHAT A SHAME.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 12, 2022, 09:07:45 AM ---Yes our time has come and is long gone by us staying put in the FCS.   WE SHOULD HAVE MOVED UP TO FBS LIKE 15 YEARS AGO. SHAME.  WHAT A SHAME.

--- End quote ---
Yes.
At that time, we still had lots of industries in the area that could have supported us….. General Motors (GM assembly plants in Lordstown, GM Packard Electric Division in Warren) with combined employment over 20k; Debartolo, Wean United, Taylor Winfield, Copperweld steel, Republic steel, Thomas Steel and a few other steel companies in Warren ares. Not to mention the respective tier 2 and 3 suppliers in the area.

Somehow, we couldn’t make it happen.

Marshall University in Huntington, WV was our FCS championship competitor for several years. My daughter works as a Chemical engineer in Huntington after graduating from YSU. Not only did Marshall moved up to FBS. They defeated Notre Dame this year. The place went nuts.
We now can only dream….

IAA Fan:
Hey the Great West Conference did not make it. They were not even certified by the NCAA. Clearly the NCAA did not want them to move up.

Kandrase:
Related to this thread. What exactly are the benefits of moving up to FBS for us? The only thing I can think of is better regional rivalries. It would be fun to play like 4 other Ohio teams per year, outside of that I don’t see the appeal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version