YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Why are we playing Ohio University on Sunday afternoon?

(1/3) > >>

Wick250:
We rarely play any DI teams in football or basketball with "name recognition" that casual fans might want to see. So scheduling Ohio University at home is great. But let us screw this up by playing on Sunday afternoon at precisely the time when the Browns are playing the Bengals and the Steelers are playing the Ravens.  Fortunately, both football teams stink, but 95% of casual fans will opt to watch one of those football games instead of coming to the campus.

I assumed that Ohio demanded this.  Perhaps they were in action on Thursday and did not want to play a road game on Saturday two days later.  Nope. This is finals week at OU and their basketball team has not played since last Saturday. Furthermore, they are playing at Florida next Wednesday so this Saturday would have worked even better for them.

We could have scheduled an attractive doubleheader for this Saturday evening.  But no, why do something that might promote the programs. I eagerly await some rational explanation for this monumental stupidity.

YsuPride:
I agree.   Weird time and Sunday to boot.  Makes no sense

mudclods:
I wondered that too.  The non-conference home schedule has been disappointing.  Wednesday night with UT Martin, Tuesday morning with Grace Christian, Thursday night with Westminster, and now a Sunday afternoon.  Closes it out next Friday night with Southern.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 08, 2022, 09:38:17 AM ---I agree.   Weird time and Sunday to boot.  Makes no sense

--- End quote ---

Unless OU wants to travel back to Athens by Sunday afternoon (instead of late Saturday night) for whatever reasons.
I have attended some MBB games in the past at early Sunday afternoon before.

guinpen:
I have said this before in regards to football games ( which I still feel should all be at noon or 1 ) do not worry about who else may be playing at the same time. Too many factors can come into play to try and make everyone happy.

Folks who want to be there will be there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version