YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Dan Rivers local media radio questions why we are in MVFC? His Facebook post.

<< < (3/9) > >>

nova75:
I don’t think the NCAA cares at all about the lower levels of college sports. No money to be made.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: nova75 on December 04, 2022, 12:00:15 PM ---I don’t think the NCAA cares at all about the lower levels of college sports. No money to be made.

--- End quote ---

They care. The VAST majority of their membership is not division 1 FBS institutions. A plurality of them are d3 actually

Dmorton:
Honestly!  We should be playing Akron, Ohio Toledo,, Bowling Green, and Miami or some combination of one or two of those two teams, our money game, and them SFU, or Dayton, or another !-AA team.  Someone once said maybe an all-Ohio conference should be comprised of teams out of the MAC who cannot compete financially!  I dont know the answer!  But who knows what the future holds for us, or the MAC as other teams continue to move with pretention they can compete the Sun Belt, BiG, Conference USA, SEC, Or Big 12.  Maybe the anser is the AAC for a lot of these teams with CINCI, USF, and others moving on! 

guinpen:
RS was on the Rivers show this morning for a few minutes. RS made the comment that he was happy to be in the MFC and Horizon.

He pointed out that between OH, MI WV and IN there are only 3 FCS schools. Us ISU blue and Dayton and Dayton is limited schollys.

YsuPride:
RS is unbelievable with that comment. Absolutely absurd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version