YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Why they would choose us for the playoffs

<< < (20/22) > >>

guinpen:
Having the winner of the Pioneer conference getting an auto bid is akin to giving every player on every team in a pee wee soccer league a participation trophy.

The winner of the MAC does not deserve a spot in the play-offs over Penn St, Alabama or OSU why would it be different in 1-AA?

The YO Show:
Well remember, the NCAA doesn't regulate the FBS CFP. It is not an NCAA sanctioned champion series. Hence why if you ask for the 2021 division 1 NCAA football championship the answer would be NDSU.

The YO Show:
The auto bid thing for any conference that gets a certain number of members is a thing the NCAA does in basketball too. But I agree the optimal solution would be to change that and just get rid of autobids. Put the best 24 teams in off of specific criteria. I just don't think it will happen

Kandrase:
I like the concept of auto-bids but I don't like limited and non scholarship conferences getting them. The nice thing about auto-bids is that it gives teams a clear path to the playoffs with no uncertainty. You win your conference and you're in the playoffs is nice.

I follow D3 football a lot and they have 27 auto bids and just 5 at-large selections, in can be frustrating for some of the better conferences but the vast majority of teams know exactly what they need to do to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.

But... the system isn't what's keeping us out of the playoffs, our conferneces gets the most benefit of the doubt of any of them. In any given year you pretty much need to just be top half of the MVFC or better to get in. We really didn't deserve it this year.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 30, 2022, 08:48:45 AM ---Having the winner of the Pioneer conference getting an auto bid is akin to giving every player on every team in a pee wee soccer league a participation trophy.

The winner of the MAC does not deserve a spot in the play-offs over Penn St, Alabama or OSU why would it be different in 1-AA?

--- End quote ---

Well in 4-years the winner of the MAC does get a play-off spot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version