YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Why they would choose us for the playoffs

<< < (18/22) > >>

penguinpower:
I reached out to the conference commissioner.  Realize that Delaware lost 3 of it's last 4 games.  I focused on Montana.

Here's the jist of what she said:

She shares the sentiment about the unfairness of YSU not being selected.  She also said "she can’t begin to explain or support the Committee’s decision" and that they clearly did not value strength of schedule or how teams were playing at the end of the season.

Hopefully, she tries to address this.  She's a good commissioner.

We can't control the conference schedule.  We can only play the games that are scheduled.

penguinpower:
In 2012 we had an FBS win over Pitt and won the last 3 games under Wolford and went 7-4 but we weren't selected.  Delaware had a win over Navy and lost 3 out of 4 of their last games and we're 7-4 and got selected. 

What was the reasoning for that?  I thought you had to be a team on the rise of you were a bubble team.  Their only win in the last 4 games was Monmouth.  Navy has a losing record too. 

I can see the FBS win counting for something but we got screwed when similar circumstances existed (actually we had more favorable argument and didn't get in).

penguinpower:
In 2013 YSU went 8-4 (5-3) in the MVFC and we didn't get into the playoffs.

Dmorton:
One extra home playoff game and preparing for another in the second round would have made a world of difference for this team in terms of experience for next season!  Thanks a lot NCAA selection committee, you managed to screw YSU again!

YSUinBoston:
2012 isn't a totally fair comparison because that was still the 16 team field.

The 2013 team did lose three in a row, including getting blasted in back-to-back home games at the end of the year against playoff teams.

It is disappointing though that they didn't make it. Not letting Mo. State to drive 92 years would have probably been a good idea in retrospect

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version