YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Why they would choose us for the playoffs

(1/22) > >>

penguinpower:
 The one reason they would choose us is the fact that we have the NCAA all time rushing leader, or a chance to be the leader in the next game. (I know Jaleel is close).  We also have a receiver that's starting to break out. 

BushwoodCC:
This is the Missouri Valley Football Conference. We won 7 games in the best league in the FCS over the past decade. Our 7-4 is stronger than most teams with 8 wins in other conferences.

There seems to be at least one team a year that sneaks in that surprises you. Let's be that team this year!

goodnews:
Illinois State is the ONLY win we have against a conference opponent with a winning record.  Hope i'm wrong but I think that's an issue regardless of the MVFC strength. 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: goodnews on November 19, 2022, 04:20:42 PM ---Illinois State is the ONLY win we have against a conference opponent with a winning record.  Hope i'm wrong but I think that's an issue regardless of the MVFC strength.

--- End quote ---

But, SIU has beaten Northwestern out of the big 10. That must count for some strength.

BushwoodCC:
To be honest, our odds entering today at 7-4 didn't look great, but some things are happening in our favor...

1. Villanova blocked a punt with under 2 minutes left and shocked Delaware 29-26. Delaware would have had 8 wins had they won, they are stuck at 7.

2. Montana is getting absolutely slaughtered against their arch rival Montana State right now. The Bobcats are up 48-14 in the 4th quarter. Remember the year YSU beat Pitt and started 4-0, then proceeded to lose 4 in a row, before finishing with 3 wins and ending the campaign with 7 wins... did we make it in? No. Well Montana started 5-0 and is on the verge of ending this season going 2-4 down the stretch.

3. Western Carolina just beat a 7 win Chattanooga after scoring a TD on 4th and goal at the 1 with under a minute left. Chattanooga lost 3 of their 4 final four games.

4. YSU did with 5 of their last 6 games to get to this point... call them weak or not.. but this is the VALLEY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version