YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's Hoops vs GC

<< < (2/2)

guinpen:
The kids seemed to have a great time, good to see so many of them there.

Nice to see so many players get to play so the final score did not matter to me.

mudclods:
I wasn't able to attend but did watch it on ESPN+.  Most times these type of games are hard to take much from.  I expected YSU to handle them more than they did, but at that same time this was 41 hours after putting forth a big effort on the road at Notre Dame.  Give GC credit, they came ready to play and hung with YSU early. 

Some of the pros for YSU was everyone played and scored.  60 bench points was impressive.  John Lovelace 6-6 from the FT line.  Coach continues to speak so highly of him and it's going to be fun to watch him continue to get better.  Adrian Nelson put up 14 points in 16 mins.  I think he's going to be a force all year.  Thought Myles Hunter looked good off the bench hitting 5-6.  Coach did pull him out fast after he missed a 3 early.

Some of the cons; 16 turnovers is way too many especially to a team like this.  YSU only turned them over 3 more times.  Still too many un contested layups.  Defense is still struggling and is giving up 77/game.  I never would have imagined they would have put up 68 on YSU even with YSU playing everyone. 

Seems like Garrett Covington is still a bit rusty and has been getting a lot of fouls called on him. 

Will Dunn has definitely bulked up since last season but hasn't contributed much yet. 

Jacori Owens still looks very hesitant and awkward with the ball.   

I really like Brandon Rush.  He's averaging nearly 13 a game off the bench and just plays really smooth.  Has a nice 3-point stroke too.

Tommy Fryda dressed for his first game.  Guess he's a Boardman graduate. 

Up next is UC San Diego Saturday followed by Navy on Sunday.

YsuPride:
UC San Diego beat Cal last night.   So not the easiest of opponents

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version