YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Mo State Week

(1/5) > >>

peteonastick:
We will face the best QB we have seen to date. Must win with UND facing NDSU last game and SIU facing SDST this week. Cannot make any mistakes and have to have a two score lead going late into the game. Can’t rely on lightning striking 3 times on the road with a last minute drive. Have to pressure the QB and contain his running ability. Something we have struggled with all year. Have to dish out miles of yardage on the ground and keep their offense off the field. Looking forward to being in the hunt these last two weeks.

Go Guins!

Wick250:
On the road against a mobile quarterback who is an effective passer. Sounds like a nightmare!  But if you look at the conference-only game stats, MSU has some issues:

They are tenth in rushing at just 111 ypg.
They are ninth in total defense and last in passing defense (274 ypg.)
In six games, their quarterback has been sacked 22 times, last in the league. (13 for us by comparison)
Their defense has produced only 7 sacks in those six games (14 for us by comparison)

Let's hope that our players can rise to the occasion in the most important November game in six years.

YsuPride:
We must play a complete game in this one.  Playoffs are on the line if we win out.

The YO Show:
I think we bring some energy into this game... so I think things will bode well for us!

Penquin68:
We need to come ready to play from the 1st snap. MSU has good players, but as yet have not shown they have a good team. Don't let them get that straight against us.

Watched their game against SDU. Seems like they are vulnerable to the pass game so hopefully MD and the recievers have a good game along with the O line. On D need to contain the QB and K State transfer running back.

With a strong effort I think we can win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version