YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's Basketball Home Opener against UTM

<< < (4/5) > >>

BushwoodCC:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 11, 2022, 11:29:26 AM ---But we beat both handily.   Canisius wasn't even that close until the end and same with win over UTM.   I think we got a good shot at upsetting ND Sunday.   They lost lost to Radford last nite.

--- End quote ---
I think you meant to post "almost lost" to Radford last night, which is an accurate assessment. The Fighting Irish only won the contest by 3 points.

If we can avoid thescoring droughts, which have been an issue for Calhoun's squads in these Power 5 games, then I think we can keep it close.

Be the Irish!

SAHDPanda:
YSU is 188 in KenPom rankings. They’re the third team in the Horizon League behind Purdue-Fort Wayne at 156 and Northern Kentucky at 180. All other Horizon league teams are higher than 200.

The Penguins did quite well for a mid major in the transfer portal and the team is still meshing/building cohesion and flow. As long as that happens (and that’s still an if) - arrow would be pointed up for us when we enter Horizon League play.

YsuPride:
Ysu is 150 according to ESPN.  Oakland is 118.

YsuPride:
Notre Dame is 29th.

YsuPride:
Notre Dame at 4pm.  Did you see they had to hang on to beat Radford the other night.  So i believe YSU has a chance for the upset.  Any thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version