YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Illinois St vs Youngstown St. Game day thread

<< < (13/15) > >>

YsuPride:
Big win!!   I think we will be ranked or getting votes to be ranked.

YSUGO:
The last 2 weeks help define a culture and are steps in the right direction.  Us older fans were spoiled during the Tressel era and then we fell back to mediocrity the past 22 years other than the 2 playoff seasons.  Do I expect another Tressel era?  Nope.  But all I ask is we are competitive and have a chance to make the playoffs more than twice in 22 years.  Winning is contagious they say.  But crap so is losing in my book.  These next few weeks will define what we are.  November was always the Tressel eras best month.  If we win out would be an amazing thing for the program the fans and breathe some new life into  football program and spark some interest

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 05, 2022, 08:37:48 PM ---The last 2 weeks help define a culture and are steps in the right direction.  Us older fans were spoiled during the Tressel era and then we fell back to mediocrity the past 22 years other than the 2 playoff seasons.  Do I expect another Tressel era?  Nope.  But all I ask is we are competitive and have a chance to make the playoffs more than twice in 22 years.  Winning is contagious they say.  But crap so is losing in my book.  These next few weeks will define what we are.  November was always the Tressel eras best month.  If we win out would be an amazing thing for the program the fans and breathe some new life into  football program and spark some interest

--- End quote ---
Amen to that!

Wick250:
To put this accomplishment into perspective, Ohio State played in the same vicious wind in Chicago and scored only 21 points against lowly Northwestern. That makes our drive into that wind in the closing minute even more impressive.

A special Penguin thank you to the Illinois State player that was called for holding as they attempted to run out the clock.  If not for your generous gift, we would have got the ball back with about 26 seconds left instead of 66.

Since we won I will bring this up.  As several mentioned during the game, that was a pathetic technical broadcast. Illinois State University should be ashamed to hire such an obviously incompetent production crew.

penguinpower:
Is this a signature win?  Not sure but it was possibly important and it was a 4th quarter championship style drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version