YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Do we make the Playoffs? Schedule is favorable

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wick250:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 23, 2022, 05:06:31 PM ---Guys just was trying to make a point.  But Tressel teams were always about winning in November.  If you don’t win you don’t make it.  I remember in 2016 we looked horrible then Hunter saved our season. Anything is possible. 

We have the best back pound for pound in FCS.  Who knows!

--- End quote ---

Yes, but in 2016 we had a very good defense. The lack of an effective quarterback was holding back the entire team. Then the return of a healthy Wells did indeed save the season.  This year no defense=no chance.

Double ET:
Our defense is not good especially if we have to defend against a fast/guick running back, a tall receiver and /or a dual threat QB (as in the last two games). We actually did better against Kentucky and NDSU because they had power running backs (not fast or quick). The last two teams also had top rated receivers on each.
Our LBs and DBs also often misread the QB’s RPO and had difficulty in tackling the fast/quick running backs.
That’s my 2 cents worth.

YsuPride:
I agree with Double ET.   He makes some valid points.  So no playoffs.  We will win maybe 1 or 2 games the rest of the season.   Then its time to evaluate the ENTIRE COACHING STAFF IN MY OPINION

penguinpower:
We need another year of recruiting before we can fire anyone. 

goodnews:
Why another year?  Do you honestly think we are ready to compete with the current roster and staff?  I can't see where the staff is developing players.  2022 is by far the weakest schedule that we've had in years.  Like I mentioned before, take away the portal players and we are BAD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version