YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UND Game thread

<< < (7/12) > >>

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 09, 2022, 05:19:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on October 09, 2022, 05:11:47 PM ---MEDIOCRITY has overcome this program.  We lose and we think we have found our new QB?  Sadly, there isn't a D1 QB on the current roster.  Our remaining schedule includes 3 home and 3 away games.  Sadly, another losing season is in the cards.  All the while James Madison enters the top 25 in FBS.

--- End quote ---

Patience.  Did you hear what was said in the pregame show.  I was very surprised.  Any takers?

--- End quote ---

I missed the pregame show. What was said?

penguinpower:
Let's keep this to the play opf the football team and not the crowd. 

Any takers?

penguinpower:
They were interviewing former national championship players. They said Tressel called them in to interview Phillips.  The former players of championship teams selected him.  It wasn't what you would think......the AD picking based on the loge backer's etc.  If they interviewed Phillips, it's likely that they interviewed more than Phillips.  They were talking about how they know Phillips from the interviewing process and how they know that the kids love him.  They also discussed how it takes time to build championship level football.  From their perspective everything is heading in the right direction.  If I recall correctly, they discussed Harry DelGianis and several others being one of the people in the interview process.  I was so stunned to hear they used former players from championship teams that I sort of didn't hear some of the other parts because my mind immediately went to asking lots of questions like - interesting approach, why do it that way?- Did Tressel lose trust in Strollo"s ability to choose the coach etc.

So you have to be patient. They are trying to build it with even more challenges such as NIL and transfer portal.  Do you think NIL helps or hurts YSU?  I think Phillips has used the transfer portal correctly.

That small detail in the pregame show tells us a lot.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 09, 2022, 05:19:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on October 09, 2022, 05:11:47 PM ---MEDIOCRITY has overcome this program.  We lose and we think we have found our new QB?  Sadly, there isn't a D1 QB on the current roster.  Our remaining schedule includes 3 home and 3 away games.  Sadly, another losing season is in the cards.  All the while James Madison enters the top 25 in FBS.

--- End quote ---

Patience.  Did you hear what was said in the pregame show.  I was very surprised.  Any takers?

--- End quote ---

...and who are they playing? The conference they left has far superior oppsition to the competition they now face. Appy State is the only decent team that they have faced and they almost lost. You know that we would expect a win there for any team in the MVFC.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 10, 2022, 06:59:42 AM ---They were interviewing former national championship players. They said Tressel called them in to interview Phillips.  The former players of championship teams selected him.  It wasn't what you would think......the AD picking based on the loge backer's etc.  If they interviewed Phillips, it's likely that they interviewed more than Phillips.  They were talking about how they know Phillips from the interviewing process and how they know that the kids love him.  They also discussed how it takes time to build championship level football.  From their perspective everything is heading in the right direction.  If I recall correctly, they discussed Harry DelGianis and several others being one of the people in the interview process.  I was so stunned to hear they used former players from championship teams that I sort of didn't hear some of the other parts because my mind immediately went to asking lots of questions like - interesting approach, why do it that way?- Did Tressel lose trust in Strollo"s ability to choose the coach etc.

So you have to be patient. They are trying to build it with even more challenges such as NIL and transfer portal.  Do you think NIL helps or hurts YSU?  I think Phillips has used the transfer portal correctly.

That small detail in the pregame show tells us a lot.

--- End quote ---

interesting, I can understand why JT would have called some of his former players, but who made the final call?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version