YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Still bugs me

<< < (2/4) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 11, 2022, 07:47:18 AM ---Old subject that has been beaten to death but still bugs me.

So many of our old peers, have moved up and done so well. We all know the long list.

Yesterday Appy beats Texas A&M, Marshall beats the Irish and we beat Dayton!

--- End quote ---

Oh Yea Georgia Southern beat Nebraska,

Wick250:
Once the P5 expands their playoffs to 12, the G5 will become even more irrelevant than it is today. The P5 might grant one or even two spots in the field to G5 teams, but that will be the equivalent of allowing the NEC and the Pioneer League to "participate" in the FCS playoffs.  Basically a joke.

No, we are a mid-major athletic program.  We are doing things right.  The entire MAC spends millions of student money for respect that nobody will ever give them. How many casual fans of "big time" college sports could differentiate between a Ball State and an Illinois State?  I suspect that answer is less than 5%.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 11, 2022, 12:20:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on September 11, 2022, 07:47:18 AM ---Old subject that has been beaten to death but still bugs me.

So many of our old peers, have moved up and done so well. We all know the long list.

Yesterday Appy beats Texas A&M, Marshall beats the Irish and we beat Dayton!

--- End quote ---

Oh Yea Georgia Southern beat Nebraska,

--- End quote ---

I mean we beat Pitt while still being FCS.

YSUGO:
Most casual fans could careless about FBS.
Most casual local fans could careless or know we play in the Missouri valley conference or how tough of a football league it is
We have no real rivals in the Missouri Valley and so we will never see or get the casual fan. 
Translation declining attendance lack of interest from fans and media. 
This program has done squat since we have been in this conference And all we have become is everyone’s homecoming game.

I love YSU and it hurts to say that.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 11, 2022, 03:31:34 PM ---Most casual fans could careless about FBS.
Most casual local fans could careless or know we play in the Missouri valley conference or how tough of a football league it is
We have no real rivals in the Missouri Valley and so we will never see or get the casual fan. 
Translation declining attendance lack of interest from fans and media. 
This program has done squat since we have been in this conference And all we have become is everyone’s homecoming game.

I love YSU and it hurts to say that.

--- End quote ---

I know it does not make much sense for us to spend the $$ to be in FBS. I mentioned MAC because of the rivalry we might be able to create to attract more fans to the game. Akron, Kent, Ohio and Toledo just to name a few.
I don’t know if our fans will ever care about the MVC teams.

I have been going to the games since my Freshman year in the mid-60’s at YSU. It also hurts me to say that I have lost my interests in those teams although I did enjoy watching those two games in Pittsburgh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version