YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Duquesne Week

<< < (3/4) > >>

Double ET:
Coach’s press conference on YouTube

https://youtu.be/8uD1j6XI9sA

The YO Show:
Watching Penguin Gameday, still not quite over, but have interviewed a defensive player and now a coach and we STILL do not know what the defense scheme we are running this year is. Lots of talk about, playing fast, knowing what assignment to be in ect. Playing with quickness and intensity. Nothing about the scheme information itself. So... total mystery till Saturday what we are even running  :angel:

penguinpower:
Notice the PNEGUIN GAMEDAY spelling

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 31, 2022, 07:22:35 PM ---Watching Penguin Gameday, still not quite over, but have interviewed a defensive player and now a coach and we STILL do not know what the defense scheme we are running this year is. Lots of talk about, playing fast, knowing what a$$ignment to be in ect. Playing with quickness and intensity. Nothing about the scheme information itself. So... total mystery till Saturday what we are even running  :angel:

--- End quote ---

I watched the show and I agree with you since I also did not learn a damn thing from HC and DC (besides focusing on today, we are stronger and faster & can play fast)
I still don’t know how they have improved on Crenshaw’s passing game and our poor defense. What changes were devised and implemented? Playing fast is not going to do it if they haven’t figured out the “why” and “how”.
I will find out Saturday to see if I am completely off base.

penguinpower:
Looked at some video Lenoir Rhyne film from last year
Looks like they run a 4-2-5 and some 4-3.  With our LB situation I can see 4-2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version