YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule

<< < (4/5) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Saw the new roster but no way I can predict the lineup.   Coach has a lot experienced guys at his disposal.   

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on July 18, 2022, 08:53:17 PM ---Saw the new roster but no way I can predict the lineup.   Coach has a lot experienced guys at his disposal.

--- End quote ---

Agree.
I would be surprised anyone will see much playing time unless you are Junior, senior and senior+ in the rotation. I will wait and see if anyone can step up to be that reliable “big” inside.

Double ET:
From today’s Tribune/Vindy

Youngstown State Men’s Basketball opens season at Canisius

Women open at home against Wofford
LOCAL SPORTS
JUL 21, 2022

JOEL WHETZEL
Staff writer
jwhetzel@tribtoday.com

Correspondent photo / Robert Hayes YSU's Shemar Rathan-Mayes converts a three-point shot during the second half of the Penguins 71-61 loss to Purdue Fort Wayne.

YOUNGSTOWN — Youngstown State men’s basketball will begin its season at Canisius, according to a game contract obtained by the Vindicator and Tribune Chronicle.

YSU’s return trip to Buffalo, N.Y., will be Monday, Nov. 7, the first day of the college basketball season.

The teams met at the Beeghly Center in December, a 71-43 Penguin victory.

In that game, Malek Green, who transferred to YSU from Canisius this offseason, scored 19 points and secured nine rebounds.

Other game contracts returned included those from the Navy MTE. The Penguins will head to Annapolis Nov. 19-20 to face UC San Diego and Navy, respectively.

The Penguins also will host Southern University on Dec. 16 at the Beeghly Center. YSU is paying Southern $70,000 for the visit.

On the women’s side, the Penguins will begin their season Nov. 7 with a home contest against Wofford. YSU will pay the Terriers $8,000 for the visit, and there is no return trip as part of the agreement.

goodnews:
So YSU will be paid $85k to play at Notre Dame then give Southern University $70k to play at Beeghly Center.  That makes no sense wonder if payout is accurate? Maybe there's another big game with a large payout to be announced.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: goodnews on July 23, 2022, 12:15:45 AM ---So YSU will be paid $85k to play at Notre Dame then give Southern University $70k to play at Beeghly Center.  That makes no sense wonder if payout is accurate? Maybe there's another big game with a large payout to be announced.

--- End quote ---

Yes. I have trouble believing YSU would pay $70k for that game. We probably averaged less than 2k paying fan at the home game. Mathematically, it would not generate $70k unless some sponsors or TV contract kick in $$$.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version