YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU at Ohio State Saturday September 9th 2023 (Time TBA)

<< < (6/6)

IAA Fan:
For the record, I do not hate OSU, my daughter and S-I-L graduated from there & I am proud. It is just that Youngstown loves OSU to the point of ignoring YSU, and all this will do is reinforce the naysayers that still think we are D-II football. Anyone but OSU is fine with me, just get your check, have a real game-plan and play everyone.

PS: complete agreement with Akron and Kent Guinpen. I was nevermore happy than when that game was cancelled. What a mistake.

guinpen:

Ohio State dishes out $1.9 million to host Kent State in 2026
Youngstown State is receiving $800,000 for its game in 2023.

There's a difference on the field between FBS & FCS football programs and apparently there's a one million dollar difference in payouts.

Youngstown State is receiving $800,000 for its game at Ohio Stadium in 2023.

Ten other non-conference opponents between 2022 & 2028, all FBS schools are receiving at lease one million dollars more.

Arkansas State and Toledo, both who play in Columbus this coming season are each receiving $1.8 million dollars.

The highest payout goes to Connecticut in 2025. They'll receive $1.95 million.

Western Kentucky, who plays the Buckeyes next year are receiving $1.8 million.

Kent State, who agreed to play at Ohio Stadium in 2026 is getting $1.9 million dollars.  Ball State, is also getting $1.9 million for a game in 2026.

gbs20:
The more appropriate comparison is what other FBS schools pay other FCS schools for their body bag game.  If YSU thinks they arent getting paid enough, a dozen others would step in for the same amount or less.  Ohio State may be arrogant but the could have thrown this cash to any number of colleges.  The fact that YSU got three of these games and others got fewer over the same period Im sure rankles some of the others, especially since YSU is FCS.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: gbs20 on May 05, 2022, 08:18:15 AM ---The more appropriate comparison is what other FBS schools pay other FCS schools for their body bag game.  If YSU thinks they arent getting paid enough, a dozen others would step in for the same amount or less.  Ohio State may be arrogant but the could have thrown this cash to any number of colleges.  The fact that YSU got three of these games and others got fewer over the same period Im sure rankles some of the others, especially since YSU is FCS.

--- End quote ---

This is the market value of YSU, whether we like it or not.
There is a common connection to all 3 of these games…..Jim Tressel.
I doubt very much these games would have happened without him.
Let us enjoy the moment. For better or for worse, there will be over 100k know about YSU in the horseshoe ( and thousand’s more on TV).
I think it is a good deal for the university to get that kind of visibility plus $800k.
Who knows, may be a few of the third string bench warmer might decide to enter the portal transferring to YSU.

IAA Fan:
This may be a channel 10-only game I hear that B10 network may not even carry it. Price discussions going on, but I suspect that the B10 will not give up a chance to show the Buckeyes in football. That is the market value of YSU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version