YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Garrett Coviington is in the transfer portal

<< < (4/12) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
This one breaks my heart.  I actually think he should of red-shirted since he needs to add some muscle.  I could of sworn he had 14 points in one half.  Can't remember the opponent and I might be wrong about the point total but it was a glimpse of what he could do.  Prototypical point guard that can handle the ball and pass.  Great shooter in highschool that we did not see at YSU but it takes time as one jumps levels.

I'd be surprised if he went to another D1 program.  Thinking D2.  Mud is correct that Luke lost his momentum after the wrist injury.  Looking forward to keeping an eye on his career.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 31, 2022, 03:22:11 PM ---This one breaks my heart.  I actually think he should of red-shirted since he needs to add some muscle.  I could of sworn he had 14 points in one half.  Can't remember the opponent and I might be wrong about the point total but it was a glimpse of what he could do.  Prototypical point guard that can handle the ball and pa$$.  Great shooter in highschool that we did not see at YSU but it takes time as one jumps levels.

I'd be surprised if he went to another D1 program.  Thinking D2.  Mud is correct that Luke lost his momentum after the wrist injury.  Looking forward to keeping an eye on his career.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you.

He had 13 against PFW, which was the game he got hurt.  Almost singlehandedly brought them back in that one until the magic ran out.  That began the tough stretch when YSU lost 3 straight at home and 5 of the next 6 overall.

ucfpengbuck:
Michael Lucarotti is 6-4 210 and he played pg Last year at Osbourne Academy and I'm wondering if he was out playing Luke at practice which most of are not privy to.   Not sure if that was the case since one red shirted and one didn't.  Just thinking out loud.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the transfer portal is a killer to mid-majors especially with  two of the best leaving Wright State and us losing Quisenberry & Naz last season and countless others.  Looks like the Big time conferences have a new feeder system.

ytownchief22:
Owen Long also transferring out.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 31, 2022, 06:23:47 PM ---Owen Long also transferring out.

--- End quote ---

Surprised Owen is leaving since he did get playing time especially as the season progressed.  Not sure he was going to be more than a 8 to 12 minute type off the bench.  He had a couple of games where he really heiped and he had some where he never produced.   Kind of seeing him at a D2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version