YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Garrett Coviington is in the transfer portal

<< < (3/12) > >>

IAA Fan:
Two changes in collegiate sports:

1. Drop the portal. Or at least put much more thought into it. It is clear they are just trying to appease the "Bigs".
2. Drop the outside paychecks, or at least allow it to go to a "team" fund.  This idea of paying an individual player is a joke. No one does it alone. Let's see that QB complete a pass with no receivers or protection.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 30, 2022, 10:01:41 AM ---Two changes in collegiate sports:

1. Drop the portal. Or at least put much more thought into it. It is clear they are just trying to appease the "Bigs".
2. Drop the outside paychecks, or at least allow it to go to a "team" fund.  This idea of paying an individual player is a joke. No one does it alone. Let's see that QB complete a pa$$ with no receivers or protection.

--- End quote ---

I agree,

Wick250:
Someone just told me that Luke Chicone has entered the transfer portal. He looked overmatched late in the year after a promising start.  Why do I have this feeling that things are starting to unravel for Calhoun.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 31, 2022, 01:02:08 PM ---Someone just told me that Luke Chicone has entered the transfer portal. He looked overmatched late in the year after a promising start.  Why do I have this feeling that things are starting to unravel for Calhoun.

--- End quote ---

Yes it's true https://twitter.com/lukechicone/status/1509555351942844424?s=20&t=9OaKM3x-UpNKu2MjcrR8fw

I didn't expect this one because I thought him and Coach Calhoun were close.

He was never the same after getting injured.  Scored a total of 8 points in the last 12 games and 0 in the last 5 including not even playing against Fresno St.  Struggled shooting the ball.  Was just 2-11 from 3 and 11-22 from the FT line. 

He was a good passer, but his size and shooting hurt him.  Have to wonder if he drops down to D2 or D3. 

YSU1:
He was too small anyway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version