YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Garrett Coviington is in the transfer portal

(1/12) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/garrett-covington

I'm disappointed but wish him well.

mudclods:
Guess that answers the question about Covington's eligibility.  Disappointed as well but can't say it's shocking. Have to wonder if he'll try and go to a bigger school. 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: mudclods on March 25, 2022, 02:26:38 PM ---Guess that answers the question about Covington's eligibility.  Disappointed as well but can't say it's shocking. Have to wonder if he'll try and go to a bigger school.

--- End quote ---
I was hoping that he would return. Hopefully, he could get into a program that would get into the NCAA tournament.
As for us, we might be able to get lucky getting couple players like Cohill through the transfer portal.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 25, 2022, 04:18:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: mudclods on March 25, 2022, 02:26:38 PM ---Guess that answers the question about Covington's eligibility.  Disappointed as well but can't say it's shocking. Have to wonder if he'll try and go to a bigger school.

--- End quote ---
I was hoping that he would return. Hopefully, he could get into a program that would get into the NCAA tournament.
As for us, we might be able to get lucky getting couple players like Cohill through the transfer portal.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully he'll get to a program better than last years transfers which in my opinion didn't do much for them although Naz can say he competed in the ACC.

So far the portal has given YSU Mattia Acunzo & Brandon Rush.  I have a gut feeling there might be a few on the roster who may transfer so I'm sure the coaching staff is looking.  There are two hs seniors that are commits and signing day is April 13th.   

ucfpengbuck:
I was just looking at the transfer portal and saw that Wright State's Grant Basile is leaving.  Thats 18 pts and 9 rebounds a game and probably the best big in the Horizon.  Major blow to them.

Also saw that IUPUI lost Bakari LaStrap.  Really liked his game.
This is the reality of College basketball where coaches have their head on a swivel now they have to rerecruit their own players,recruit the highschools,and work the portal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version