YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

RMU

<< < (3/5) > >>

Penguin Nick:
Another season...another miserable end.  I'm sick and tired of going thru this same crap every single year.  Our future looked so good just 2 years ago.  Coach C. needs to get his act together, he is a disappointment.  If YSU wants to win they need to pay coaches more, gut Beeghly and make it a modern arena or move to the Covelli Centre.  Beeghly is a glorified high school gym.  We're never going to get better staying with the same status quo.

Wick250:
Calhoun has two important jobs. He not only needs to produce a consistent winner, but he also needs to convince the disinterested population of the Mahoning Valley that men's college basketball is relevant in their lives.  The catastrophe that unfolded this evening makes both of those tasks extremely difficult if not impossible.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 01, 2022, 11:23:11 PM ---Calhoun has two important jobs. He not only needs to produce a consistent winner, but he also needs to convince the disinterested population of the Mahoning Valley that men's college basketball is relevant in their lives.  The catastrophe that unfolded this evening makes both of those tasks extremely difficult if not impossible.

--- End quote ---

Great crowd that wanted to get into the game.  6 mins to go, YSU is down 20, the starters are coming out, and over the half the crowd is gone.  It had to be a like a bad dream for Coach.  The last 3 games have taken me back the last several years of the Slocum era where double digit losses and non competitive games were more the norm.  Calhoun has turned the program around and has brought excitement, but I'm not sure if it's at a ceiling or what.  5 years and the best seed they've been has been a 5 and haven't gotten past the quarterfinals (Slocum did get YSU to the semi-finals in his final year_.  Obviously not ready to compete with the top schools.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  RMU is 4-13 on the road, two of those wins at YSU.  Number 2 is a beast for them, best player on the court.  Calhoun outcoached, their zone caused all kinds of issues.  Agree with Nick, at the D- level Beeghly is a dump.  I was at Curbstone Coaches lunch two weeks ago when President Tressel spoke.  He was asked about Beeghly, and even he said the seats beside him are falling apart and he has good seats.  But he didn't say he would do anything about it.

YSU1:
All YSU needs is a center to protect the paint, more guys who can score, better bench play, a motion offense that
get open looks, better defensive play.  I think if we get these things we will be alright.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version