YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU - Milwaukee MBB

(1/2) > >>

mudclods:
Shemar isn't dressed so I'm assuming did get a suspension; however, Luke Chicone is dressed and warming up.

ucfpengbuck:
The Good.
1.Akuchie 33 pts and 6 of 10 from three.
2. Will Dunn.  Who is that man!!
3.Only 8 turnovers
4.35 to 26 rebound advantage.
5. Nice to see Chicone back.

The bad.
1.Losing a 26 point lead at the 10 minute mark.
2.Need Cohill & Olison to play better
3.Put this as a wierd factor but don't want to see Akuchie fall in love with the 3 pointers.
4. Need Ogoro to show some threat on offense.

Penquin68:
I agree with the above. Will Dunn is showing what he can contribute and it is big. Not sure why he wasn't playing previously. Might be that he doesn't fit the mold of a defender that can fit in a full court press defense. He needs to improve his defense, but it isn't all that bad in my opinion. But he gives us a 6-8 guy that that can do well from the outside, near the basket, and rebound. What else do we want?

And I agree that Akuchie needs to be a presense inside and not fall in love with the 3 point shot. They were falling today, but his history with the 3 is not good. And we need him inside along with Dunn to give us size inside that we always have been lacking.

There is hope for us to improve with this new lineup. Hope it continues to grow.

Double ET:
Just like the other games, we had trouble either in building on or holding on big leads. It looked like we often lost the intensity once building up that big lead.

ucfpengbuck:
Losing the lead kind of stunk but UWM was at a point down 26 they could play with house money and played with nothing to lose since they were not going to win.

Chicone needs to get reps and get back into a rythm again.  He'll help us going forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version