YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU - PFW MBB

<< < (2/2)

ucfpengbuck:
I was just checking the schedule and see a lot of winnable games coming up so i'm hoping to see a run of wins.  The team needs to stay together after a bunch of close losses,hopefully the coaches and seniors can keep the team from not getting down. 

Will Dunn.  Can he show that type of performance going forward or was that just one of those games where we see a guy play great in one game and then never see it again ?   It's nice having another big in there to go along with Akuchie.

I follow college wrestling and there are guys on Iowa and Michigan who are in their 7th season.  Redshirt,olympic redshirt,covid red shirt.   It had me wondering if we could get one more season out of Tevin Olison.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on January 24, 2022, 07:03:26 PM ---I was just checking the schedule and see a lot of winnable games coming up so i'm hoping to see a run of wins.  The team needs to stay together after a bunch of close losses,hopefully the coaches and seniors can keep the team from not getting down. 

Will Dunn.  Can he show that type of performance going forward or was that just one of those games where we see a guy play great in one game and then never see it again ?   It's nice having another big in there to go along with Akuchie.

I follow college wrestling and there are guys on Iowa and Michigan who are in their 7th season.  Redshirt,olympic redshirt,covid red shirt.   It had me wondering if we could get one more season out of Tevin Olison.

--- End quote ---

I think this team will be fine if they can string together some wins going forward; they need to taste some success. 

And I wondered that too about Olison.  Sounds like Chicone will be back next week according to Coach Calhoun tonight.  Also sounds like Will Dunn will be starting this week.  I've been a little surprised Will hasn't gotten more PT this year as he seemed to play more last year, but always figure the coaches see these guys on a daily basis.  His size has created some havoc on defense at times when he's guarded the ball up top and when they've pressed.  I'm hoping he follows a similar path as Akuchie and gets better every year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version