YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Mens game v, N. Kentucky

(1/3) > >>

YSU1:
You give up an uncontested lay up with 2.4 seconds left,  Are you kidding me.

Dmorton:
Again, no inside presence!

Dmorton:
As soon as I saw them switch the time from 1 to 2.4 seconds, I knew we would lose!

mudclods:
It's mind boggling YSU has lost these 3 games at home.  Lose to an inferior PFW and then have a chance to knock off CSU & NKU with a lead in the closing seconds and can't close it out.  The last 2 games felt eerily the same.  YSU should have been up 15 on CSU at halftime and instead it was 8.  They should have been up 10 on NKU and as soon as they got it to 4 at the half I didn't have a good feeling. 

It looked like NKU was going to struggle to get to 40 points as YSU shut them down for most of the first half, but just like the CSU game couldn't take advantage of so many opportunities to open up a sizable lead. Both CSU and NKU seemed to make halftime adjustments and were different teams in the 2nd half. Both were just more physical than YSU and controlled the boards.  YSU just has zero presence inside and just miss so many point blank shots, can't get out and run, and no fast breaks.

Ogoro missed both of his FT.  He's down to 31%.  That's just unreal. 

Outside of the 2nd half of the WVU game and that 22-0 run by Oakland that changed the game, YSU has been in every game, but they aren't closing them out like in years past.  YSU just seems to be lacking the leadership on the court and severely miss Covington and guys like DQ & Naz.  This team just doesn't know how to win. 

YSU's bench is getting less and less effective especially now with Chicone out.  Owen Long had that one good game early on.  When Thomas is in there, I wish he'd look to score instead of immediately looking to get rid of the ball.  Our 3 big men are at the bottom of scoring and mins.  It's something YSU really lacks compared to other teams.

YSU really needs a way to find a way to beat Wright St. Losing 4 straight at home and heading on the road against 2 teams they couldn't beat at home would be a backbreaker

YSU1:
It only took one second for N. Kentucky to score so even if they did not add time YSU would have lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version