YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Murray State heading to the Missouri Valley

<< < (4/5) > >>

IAA Fan:
EKU and JSU both left the OVC. They are going into the ASUN, a conference which will be IA/FBS in a year.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 07, 2022, 08:32:23 AM ---EKU and JSU both left the OVC. They are going into the ASUN, a conference which will be IA/FBS in a year.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reminding me all those schools are moving up, some were recently D2. I need to go for a walk!

Wick250:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 07, 2022, 01:23:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 07, 2022, 08:32:23 AM ---EKU and JSU both left the OVC. They are going into the ASUN, a conference which will be IA/FBS in a year.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reminding me all those schools are moving up, some were recently D2. I need to go for a walk!

--- End quote ---

ASUN is and will remain a FCS conference, so EKU is not going to FBS.  JSU will spend only 2022 in ASUN before moving to Conference USA and FBS.

Penguin Nation:
It is madness to not have the Dakota Marker game annually, or any of the Dakota inter/intra-state rivalries. Playing it OOC would deprive these schools of either a money game or a red meat game.

Will Murray, a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for 20 years, and only had one FCS playoff win ever, hurt current members ability to get at-large playoff bids by watering down the conference SOS?

If we're scavenging for OVC roadkill, why not go after Eastern IL, which would immediately have natural rivals, is a better geographic fit, and has been in the FCS playoffs seven times since Murray's last appearance?

Murray's acceptance to the MVFC was likely only due to their acceptance into the MVC for other sports. 

Interesting also that their HC is Dean Hood, who was a candidate for the YSU job before the dumpster fire became HC.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 07, 2022, 05:38:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on April 07, 2022, 01:23:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ASUN is and will remain a FCS conference, so EKU is not going to FBS.  JSU will spend only 2022 in ASUN before moving to Conference USA and FBS.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, that makes me feel some better!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version