YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Murray State heading to the Missouri Valley

<< < (3/5) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 06, 2022, 09:41:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 04, 2022, 07:13:19 PM ---Viverito also stated that the conference will not use divisions.  Rather, you would play everybody at least four times in six years!  Sorry, that is not practical. 

--- End quote ---

Fail to see any logic in her statement.

--- End quote ---

I don't know, I think one is as practical as the other.  It is just more work to schedule with everyone & th conference will tell us which teams we play. The big-10 proved what a flop assigned teams are. You have the 'contenders' vs the 'wannabes' right now.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 06, 2022, 12:49:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 04, 2022, 07:13:19 PM ---Viverito also stated that the conference will not use divisions.  Rather, you would play everybody at least four times in six years!  Sorry, that is not practical. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't know, I think one is as practical as the other.  It is just more work to schedule with everyone & th conference will tell us which teams we play. The big-10 proved what a flop a$$igned teams are. You have the 'contenders' vs the 'wannabes' right now.

--- End quote ---

Makes more sense to have divisions so 5 teams are set every year. Then 3 teams for 2 years then the other 3 teams for 2 years.

Wick250:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nothing that Viverito has said about scheduling is logical.  She claims that there will be no divisions yet states that the Dakota schools will always play each other. That alone makes a shambles of her 4/6 provision. She is just trying to placate UNI and Missouri State who fear getting stuck with the Dakotas each season.  I still submit that the divisions that I proposed at the top of this thread are the only logical scheduling pattern.  And in 2023 if that proposal came to a vote, it would be approved by league teams by a 10-2 margin.

peteonastick:
I think it opens up the possibility of the OVC and MVFC "partnering" or just flat out combining into a super conference.  This opens up all kinds of possibilities with eastern MVFC teams and OVC teams.  YSU could use some more local rivalries instead of traveling to the Dakota's all the time. Eastern Illinois, EKU, and the 6 eastern MVFC teams would make a good conference or division. 

GO GUINS!

Dmorton:
I think I read that EKU will be joining another league!  Could be wrong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version