YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The wolf man

<< < (3/3)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 01, 2022, 01:35:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on February 01, 2022, 01:02:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 01, 2022, 11:30:03 AM ---We pulled the plug to early on Wolford.

--- End quote ---

I am still in the opinion that if Wolf has hired a good defensive coordinator, he would have gotten us into the playoff. He could very well be a coordinator today in a I-A team, if not a power 5 team.
I am sure he is making more $$$ as a position coach at Bama than as HC at YSU. Best luck to him.

--- End quote ---

The university gave Wolford more money to hire a$$istants than they ever gave to Heacock.  Wolford just could not locate and hire the right defensive coordinator.  And he tried several times. That is a big reason why he was not a good head coach.

--- End quote ---

I agree

IAA Fan:
I agree as well. That Florida guy brought in a defense that was not compatible with our conference. Even when Wolf grabbed that local guy as OC, it was a huge improvement, but not good enough. By then Wolf had a good OC, deep o-line, with TB's, a great QB and over 38-points per game in offense. Yet we still lost. It just could not save Wolf. Especially when Bo called.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version