YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU 71 Canisius 43

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wick250:
Chicone now has a ridiculous 6.3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio.  For Mayes it is 0.8 to 1. I think that we see who will be the primary point guard as we move deeper into the season.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 12, 2021, 11:20:39 AM ---Chicone now has a ridiculous 6.3 to 1 a$$ist/turnover ratio.  For Mayes it is 0.8 to 1. I think that we see who will be the primary point guard as we move deeper into the season.

--- End quote ---

Chicone has made some terrific passes in the last few games. I like him better not only because the assist-TO ratio, but that he kept his eyes open for making passes to teammates while penetrating toward the basket.
When Mayes was driving to the basket, he often determined to go to the basket regardless who were in front of him. In many cases, he either turned the ball over or committed a charge.

That is not a good attribute for a point guard.

ytownchief22:
I remember some comments about Chicone when he was in high school who said he was too small/ not good enough for this level.... Oops.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 12, 2021, 02:16:31 PM ---I remember some comments about Chicone when he was in high school who said he was too small/ not good enough for this level.... Oops.

--- End quote ---
Well, he still needs to improve on his FT shooting for this level, Lol

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 12, 2021, 04:15:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 12, 2021, 02:16:31 PM ---I remember some comments about Chicone when he was in high school who said he was too small/ not good enough for this level.... Oops.

--- End quote ---
Well, he still needs to improve on his FT shooting for this level, Lol

--- End quote ---

I watched several of his hs games and I linked some them last season on this site and he was automatic at the line.  I'm sure he'll go on a tear as the seaon progresses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version