YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU 71 Canisius 43

<< < (3/3)

mudclods:
Even though Canisius entered the game at 2-8, their first 4 losses were to 4 very good teams (Miami, East Carolina, St. Bonaventure & Cleveland St), and the biggest deficit was 12.  Their biggest loss had been 14 twice to Monmuth & Cornell.  YSU really made them look like a D3 school.  Throw in too that YSU started off slow, missed some good looks and really should have had a bigger lead early. 

It's hard to believe YSU's first ever win over Canisius would come in such dominant fashion.  I saw it stated that was the largest numerical win in the Calhoun era; however, his first win was by 88 over Franciscan so maybe it meant to be against a D1 school. 

Chicone has done a nice job handling the ball and running the offense...seems like he rushes his FT shooting, not sure if that's his technique or not, but he's just 5-10 this year.  Shemar seems like he has been forcing things too much of late.  Hope he gets out that funk.

Wish Hunter could get going.  Have to wonder how much longer he'll continue to start.  Chris Shelton and Daniel Ogoro have picked it up of late.  Jacori Owens looks like he has some potential.  Will be anxious to see him improve over the years.  You have to wonder about Will Dunn.  Seems like he's regressed.  Need to get him some work against Westminster.

Few major things I really like about this team...very athletic, great FT shooting (76%), and really play like a team that's close and unselfish.  I can now see why Covington was so apt to stick with the team after his injury and some of the comments pre-season how close of a team this was.  They're really learning to play together as a team as the improvement has been fun to watch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version