YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Central MI MBB

<< < (2/3) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Hain was 6-10 and Jorden Kaufman was 7-0 .  Kaufman wasn't going to beat  anyone in a foot race but he played ok his sr year.  Coach Calhoun did have John Salley who was 6-11 although he was a walk on.  The last big men that he recruited were 6-9 Olamide Pedersen and  6-8 Cheick Traore who are both playing sub D1 basketball.

This season Jacori Owens at 6-9 is our tallest player and still haven't got a read on what he brings due to lack of minutes.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 09, 2021, 02:34:27 PM ---Hain was 6-10 and Jorden Kaufman was 7-0 .  Kaufman wasn't going to beat  anyone in a foot race but he played ok his sr year.  Coach Calhoun did have John Salley who was 6-11 although he was a walk on.  The last big men that he recruited were 6-9 Olamide Pedersen and  6-8 Cheick Traore who are both playing sub D1 basketball.

This season Jacori Owens at 6-9 is our tallest player and still haven't got a read on what he brings due to lack of minutes.

--- End quote ---

Wow, I completely forgot about Kaufman and his last second layup to beat Oakland at the buzzer.

IAA Fan:
I agree with what is being said. I mean this was a 1-7 team and we should not have struggled. I think that the players may have felt the same way. They said that CMU scored 13 of the first 17-points of the second half. I was thinking we would balloon our 13 point lead into 20+ and we lost most all of it.

Ironically, CMU had all the big guys, but it was their two short transfers from Horizon member UIC that killed us. We could not stop them inside and they sure stopped us inside early in both halves.

mudclods:
I was disappointed Salley didn't stay in the program.  I think it's always nice to have the ability to put a big man in even if he's not the most athletic especially against some teams.  Hain was tremendous and his injury was nearly as deflating as Covington's.  Kaufman definitely improved every year.  I wish we could get some more mins out of Jamir but i'm not sure about his stamina let alone his foul troubles.  I thought Ola had a chance to be something special the way he started off but he was never right after his injuries.

As I said earlier, Wednesday's game wasn't a typical YSU win, those are usually the games YSU loses but thankfully shot lights out.  Those first 3 possessions CMU beat the press so easily and pretty spotted them 6 points.  I think YSU got lax in the 2nd half and thought they had it under control.  When YSU built the lead to 13 I really thought it was going to be at least an 18-point victory.  CMU really played like a team in the their first year with a new coach.   

I really believe YSU is 7-1 right now with Covington and absolute worst case 6-2 but I don't believe they would have lost either of the MTE games, definitely not SIUE and can't imagine the lackluster performance and not being able to score against Niagara.  Shame of it is, YSU probably would have had a hell of shot to be 9-1 heading into the WVU game

YSUGO:
I watched the 14 minutes of the game first time i watched in over 2 years.  I said to myself we actually looked like a college basketball team.  After dealing with Slocum I feel we are on the right path.  It’s even tougher now the way the transfer rule is.  Sign Calhoun long term and overpay him.  I think he can get us to dance in time. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version