YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2022 Recruiting Class

<< < (6/7) > >>

ysuseasonticket:
I agree, South Range is D5 and Springfield is D6. Wick is talking about Hubbard's "weak schedule" but South Range plays in the same conference as Hubbard in the NE8. You would think that YSU would want to try filling up all those empty seats by not shafting the local talent and their communities.

If you're shafting a local player then you're also shafting their community. Apparently YSU seems like they don't care because their attendance is horrible. I sit around the 50 and there's plenty of empty seats all around me. I'm talking 50 yard line people, how pathetic is that???

Wick250:

--- Quote from: gbs20 on December 18, 2021, 07:51:07 AM ---Caffey is a 4.0 African American. Doubtful he is paying at OSU.  If local HS talent is weak, what does that say about the two locals that YSU did recruit; both at lower division programs.

--- End quote ---

What it says about the two locals is that they are both suspects more than solid prospects. Any hopes that I have for Brungard rests on his bloodlines, not on his performance against the weak teams that he played against in high school.

In the old days, we could feel reasonably confident if we recruited an impact player from the Steel Valley Conference: Harding, Reserve, Boardman, Fitch, plus Mooney and Ursuline with much higher enrollments. Next to the Catholic League in Cincinnati, the Steel Valley was the best high school league in Ohio. That is gone now. Today when we recruit a local kid from a weak conference, we are taking a big chance.  Sometimes it works out.  The elder Brungard after all turned out just fine.

ysuseasonticket:
Hey Wick, have you been to any of the games in the last 3-5 years at the Ice Castle? It's downright embarrassing to see how many people are in the stands. I've seen bigger crowds at high school games in The Valley.

If Phillips keeps "shafting and ignoring" the local players and their communities, there will be less and less people in the stands than there is already which is already downright pathetic. I'm on the 50 and I can actually lay down to watch the games, it's that sad and I really don't see it getting any better.

Wick250:
I have attended every single YSU home game since the start of the 1974 season. The only thing that will improve attendance is consistent winning. It would be wonderful if we could fill our roster with local kids who could compete in the MVFC. Regrettably, they are few and far between.

YSU1:
Hey Villanova drew no one to a quarter final playoff game and it was 64 degrees. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version