YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU 79 ST Thomas 75

<< < (2/2)

mudclods:
It's crazy if you said YSU shot 55% from the field including 42% from 3, had 3 less turnovers and only gave up 6 points from the FT line and they'd only win by 4.  In Coach Calhoun's pre-game interview he said they'll shoot 35-40 3's a game and they ended up shooting 34 and making 17. 

The biggest disappointment for me was them out-hustling and out-rebounded a bigger and more athletic YSU team, and following up what was probably the best half of basketball in Coach Calhoun's era at YSU.  In addition it just seemed like the ball bounced their way.  And even when St Thomas did miss 3's they got the long rebounds and 2nd and 3rd chances.

It was good to see Agoro back in action and I thought Chicone played well making all 4 of his shots and brining energy.  Looks like Will Dunn bulked up some since last year.  I'm guessing Jamir Thomas didn't play because St Thomas doesn't look to score inside.  Hoping Garrett Covington's injury isn't too bad. 

There was no interview with Coach following the game on the radio and I haven't seen a post-game press conference posted yet. 

ytownchief22:
Not good news on Garrett.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version