YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SALUKIS

<< < (5/5)

YSUGO:
Wins a win. The Salukis must have already knew they made the playoffs. If Crenshaws the guy get his throwing mechanics fixed.  Fix the lines and find players that can get you chunks of yardage.  Hopefully we will find another #8.

goodnews:
Congrats to the Penguin football team and coaches for a much needed win. 

Penquin68:
It seems to me that we can at least be competitive with much of the MVFC who do not have the really big O and D lines.  Those we are in trouble with are NDSU, SDSU, and NIU.  The rest of the teams we seem to be in the ball park size wise on the lines etc. Not sure how the rest of the league competes with the bigger teams. Like the game last week, SIU. They didn't really impress me, yet the beat SDSU.

One big improvement I see in our team is the defensive backs and their ability to cover recievers one on one. Their coach is Ashton Yoboti who played at OSU with JT and a few years in the pros. I have heard some of the D backs talk about the drills he has them doing for foot work and how they come to practice early to work on their technique. With coaching I think most know the proper technique etc., but getting the players to buy in and get the message is the difficult part. I taught for much of my career and it is so important to get student buy in. Most teachers know the material, but can't get it across and get student buy in. In teaching the best teachers have the students trying to not let the teacher down by not getting the material. Today one can get material on most topics on line with ease. Teachers are needed for the personal connection to the student and being able to get them over the rough spots.  I think Ashton must have that gift.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version