YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Feeling of Impending Doom

<< < (5/6) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 14, 2021, 02:04:48 PM ---Phillips got the job because of one local man and his money and because he's buddies with JT. No either reason. Especially not for his football resume. This is the result you get...

--- End quote ---

At this point it does not matter how or why he got the job, he has the job.

The worse thing that we can do is fill social media with negative comments that may find their way to possible recruits. When the season is over it is up to DP to look at the job his coaches did and respond as he deems necessary.

Same thing for the AD, I would think that at some point after next Sat, he would meet with DP and compare notes on how things are going.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 14, 2021, 12:22:55 PM ---So what is the Tressel move to Florida?

Yea I had someone tell me that the ESPN announcers' were one sided but I could not believe that they could be bison folks since it was at our house. Would love to hear how that happened.

About Strollo I think that he has strong points and not so strong points. He has done good in some areas but is not so strong in others, unfortunately he is weak with some of the high profile sports which most folks are looking at.

--- End quote ---

Yes, It was those two guys and woman from Fargo TV. Same ones that do all the Bison games. I Would expect them to be bia$$ed, just as I expect ours to be the same.  The move to Florida came out during the halftime interview with Mark Dantonio. I was surprised they did not question Tressel during the second-half of the interview. Dantonio says they are going to be neighbors as he and Tressel are both building homes in Florida.

Double ET:
DP is now the coach and I really care less how he got the job. I am more interested in whether he is or will be able to do his job.

Wofford could still be her if he were to make changes in his defensive coaches. He didn’t. The rest is history.

Can DP learn from the history? Stay tune…..

ytownchief22:
It does matter how he got the job. He was not even CLOSE to being qualified for the head coaching job here. Have you seen recruiting? Stay tuned for more 2-3 win seasons.

Double ET:
Chief, what I am trying to say is that the results are more important. If his record is 8-2, we won’t be having this discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version