YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Feeling of Impending Doom

<< < (3/6) > >>

Penguin Nation:
For anyone traumatized by the carnage they’ll witness today, there is a support line set up:

1-800-FIRE-STROLLO

Dmorton:
No offensive coordinator, no defensive coordinator, and missed tackles all over the place.

YSUGO:
It sad for almost 35 years my fall Saturdays were all about YSU football.  It hasn’t been since 2017.  I spent lots of money supporting them.  There is so much failure here after Tressel built the program in the 90’s.  There is lots of blame to pass around not to have a vision and parley our success to either get us to the next level or be in the right conference.  Penguin club bigwigs and members were content to rub elbows and get there chance to stand on the sidelines at the castle.  Our AD and marketing dept have no vision or the balls to do anything.  We reap what we sow and now we are a bottom feeder program.  I know a few thing good things are ahead.  What does that really mean in this conference.  We have no chance of winning it for years.  We are like Vandy in tfw SEC . They can say they are in the toughest league big deal.  How many times they won it or beat Bama

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 13, 2021, 03:22:24 PM ---It sad for almost 35 years my fall Saturdays were all about YSU football.  It hasn’t been since 2017.  I spent lots of money supporting them.  There is so much failure here after Tressel built the program in the 90’s.  There is lots of blame to pa$$ around not to have a vision and parley our success to either get us to the next level or be in the right conference.  Penguin club bigwigs and members were content to rub elbows and get there chance to stand on the sidelines at the castle.  Our AD and marketing dept have no vision or the balls to do anything.  We reap what we sow and now we are a bottom feeder program.  I know a few thing good things are ahead.  What does that really mean in this conference.  We have no chance of winning it for years.  We are like Vandy in tfw SEC . They can say they are in the toughest league big deal.  How many times they won it or beat Bama

--- End quote ---

Well as we sat there this afternoon watching the game and enjoying the weather, we discussed some of these very issues. Certainly there was no vision to parley the success of the nineties to move up or improve conference. Also feel that the Athletic Dept was/is too content to sit on past glory and not demand higher standards moving forward. The only time to brag about being in the toughest conference is when you win it.

goodnews:
Listening to the halftime show Tressel commented that Phillips knows how to build a program with high school recruits and the occasional transfer. Can someone show me proof?

Then I punished myself by listening to Phillips post game interview.  Its as though he's trying to convince everyone he knows "coach talk" and he's a pop warner coach.

I'm really lost for where this program is headed.  WOW!     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version