YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Athletic Budget

<< < (4/7) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 09, 2021, 04:07:18 PM ---The problem is where do we go? We’re on an FCS island. The nearby programs are only limited scholarship programs.

--- End quote ---

Agree. Although the one team/conference is going full scholarship. Something else to consider. I will NEVER be able to go to any kind of weekday games (MAC). Also people will not like the idea of no championship possibility, no matter if we know the teams or not. If we do not know the teams in the MVFC by now, it is our own fault and just do not care to know.

I think the conference split will help and YSU has to just stay the course.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 10, 2021, 05:04:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 09, 2021, 04:07:18 PM ---The problem is where do we go? We’re on an FCS island. The nearby programs are only limited scholarship programs.

--- End quote ---

Agree. Although the one team/conference is going full scholarship. Something else to consider. I will NEVER be able to go to any kind of weekday games (MAC). Also people will not like the idea of no championship possibility, no matter if we know the teams or not. If we do not know the teams in the MVFC by now, it is our own fault and just do not care to know.

--- End quote ---

Geography is kinda tough for us, it’s like why NDSU won’t go FBS… what conference would they join? They are really far away from everyone except for big ten or big twelve schools and NDSU doesn’t have the market size or facilities to make a jump to a P5 conference.

, I think a reckoning is coming in college football and now isn’t really a good time to move.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 10, 2021, 07:03:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 10, 2021, 05:04:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Geography is kinda tough for us, it’s like why NDSU won’t go FBS… what conference would they join? They are really far away from everyone except for big ten or big twelve schools and NDSU doesn’t have the market size or facilities to make a jump to a P5 conference.

, I think a reckoning is coming in college football and now isn’t really a good time to move.

--- End quote ---

I think that I could live w/o playoffs if the tradeoff was beating the zits, cant and the bobby cats. I agree that if the league goes two  division that would help a little bit. Depends on how many teams from the other division we would have to play each year, the less the better.

I have been saying or at least hoping that there would be a day of reckoning, it is taking longer than I thought but still think it will happen.

IAA Fan:
I have heard several names in reference to a split. RMU, EKU and Austin Peay are the names that continue to surface. That is a huge jump for RMU and APSU.

guinpen:
is there a place to easily look at the budget for various schools or does it just take some digging?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version