YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ND game day

<< < (8/8)

Penquin68:
I think if we had 2 or 3 more good O linemen we would be ok on offense. I think the qb and rb and wide outs etc are ok and our offense would be dramatically improved.

On defense if we had 2 or 3 more good D linemen, similarly the rest of the defense is ok. Our linebackers are not especially big or fast, but the rest of the back end is ok. They need to cover for so long they look like they are overmatched, but the opposing qb has way too much time to throw.

So we need 5 or 6 transfers from the portal and we would be dramatically improved.

I also agree that more funding for any sport at YSU is going to be difficult.  We may be lucky to avoid cuts to athletics, with cuts occuring to academics.  At the beginning of Covid there were significant cuts to athletics that are not mentioned much.

The off season will be interesting.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 ---
So we need 5 or 6 transfers from the portal and we would be dramatically improved.

I also agree that more funding for any sport at YSU is going to be difficult.  We may be lucky to avoid cuts to athletics, with cuts occuring to academics.  At the beginning of Covid there were significant cuts to athletics that are not mentioned much.

The off season will be interesting.

--- End quote ---
Having seen some of the financial budget numbers as a member of the faculty, the chance of getting more athletic funding is slim and none. I agree with you. I don’t think some of the non revenue generating sports will survive (especially those required a large travel budget).

In addition to the transfers mentioned by you, I think we need to replace sone a$$istant coaches if DP were to survive.

Wick250:
Lack of money did not lose the games against Western Illinois and North Dakota. We lost multiple score leads because of the lack of imagination, or perhaps panic, by the individual (or individuals) who called the offensive plays.

We should be 4-4 right now and feeling happy, if not for blunders that are not tolerated by successful high school programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version